Context again broken on Mac

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Wed Mar 13 11:07:16 CET 2024

> On 13 Mar 2024, at 10:09, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> install-tl.log, as installed by MacTeX, which contains toward the end
>
> [...]
>    SUDO_COMMAND=/usr/bin/env TEXLIVE_INSTALL_NO_CONTEXT_CACHE=1 ./install-tl
>    TEXLIVE_INSTALL_NO_CONTEXT_CACHE=1
> [...]
>
> I have the impression the ConTeXt cache initialization is off by default (TEXLIVE_INSTALL_NO_CONTEXT_CACHE=1).
>
> [...] I could not find inside install-tl-unx.tar.gz anything setting its value. And I'm pretty sure Dick Koch doesn't either when preparing MacTeX.

I was wrong. I just remembered Dick Koch sent last year full documentation for the creation of the MacTeX package to other members of the MacTeX team. It contains

"
Now install TeX Live using the TeX Live Unix install script. Call the script in the following fancy manner.

TEXLIVE_INSTALL_NO_CONTEXT_CACHE=1
export TEXLIVE_INSTALL_NO_CONTEXT_CACHE
[...]
sudo env TEXLIVE_INSTALL_NO_CONTEXT_CACHE=$TEXLIVE_INSTALL_NO_CONTEXT_CACHE ./install-tl
"

I will see this with Dick and the MacTeX team off-list. Sorry for the noise.

Bruno Voisin