BoundingBox in PostScript output for A4 is too large and the co mputation with its comment are bogus

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Mar 9 23:54:58 CET 2024

Thanks for the report.  I forwarded your msg to Tom Rokicki. He wrote
all this (decades ago).

I believe the idea of rounding up is that, if there is a mark at, say,
595.1, and we are restricted to integer bboxes (as we are), then the
bbox still needs to be 596, not 595, by the definition of bbox.

I guess I agree that if there is no mark outside 595, the bbox should
ideally be 595, not 596. But I don't think dvips can know whether there
is or isn't; it's not a ps interpreter.

Requiring C99 is not good, in principle.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. --best, karl.