Bug in 3.141592653-2.6-0.999995 (TeX Live 2023) with fontspec and tabularray?

Bruno Voisin bruno.voisin at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Tue Jan 30 22:06:51 CET 2024

> Ross Alexander wrote:
>
> Many thanks to everybody who replied and apologies on not finding the outstanding issue.  I took at look at using math mode in tabulararry but I think the most straight forward solution is to replace the hyphen with a unicode MINUS SIGN in the tables.

LaTeX defines a \textminus for the minus sign. When using XeTeX and LuaTeX it's set as "2212 (Unicode minus) in tuenc.def.

For the inch symbol, wikipedia seems to say the glyph to use is the double prime, "2033. Latin Modern Roman doesn't have it, but Latin Modern Math does, and unicode-math defines a \dprime for it in unicode-math-table.tex. So something like

\newcommand{\inchsymbol}{\ensuremath{\dprime}}

after loading unicode-math would do the trick.

See the attached modified version of your input file.

Bruno