Can't Build texlive by gcc 14.0.0

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 5 00:13:30 CET 2024

On Thu, Jan 04, 2024 at 03:21:24PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
>     cairo-src/src/cairo-image-source.c:89:40: error: passing argument 1
>     of '_cairo_atomic_ptr_cmpxchg_return_old_impl' from incompatible
>     pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
>
> Thanks for the report. I hope Cairo will have an upstream fix, but we'll
> look at it.
>
> (I also don't understand why something labeled
> "-Wincompatible-pointer-types" is causing an error, instead of a
> warning, but oh well.) --thanks, karl.

According to https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/74605

"GCC 14 plans to make -Wincompatible-pointer-types an error by
default for >= C99. GCC may still roll back this specific change
(while retaining the other modern C changes) for GCC 14 and
reinstate that one change again later depending on how we get on
with the porting work. My hope is that we won't need to do that, but
I mention it for full disclosure."

So unless it gets removed before gcc14 is released, this will become
an error as it is here in this example using what must I assume is a
snapshot.

ĸen
--
   The calender of the Theocracy of Muntab counts down, not up.
   No-one knows why, but it might not be a good idea to hang around