Fwd: tl24 pretest

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Tue Feb 27 16:24:01 CET 2024

Bruno Voisin via tex-live <tex-live at tug.org> writes:

> To Uwe Siart: have you tried running "luaotfload-tool --cache=show"? It should
> tell you which cache file is used and whether it is writable.

That looks ok here:

e:\>luaotfload-tool --cache=show
luaotfload | ------------------------------------------------------------------- :
luaotfload | cache : Luaotfload cache: writable path
luaotfload | cache : location: C:/Users/siart/.texlive2024/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/fonts/
luaotfload | cache : [raw]         10
luaotfload | cache : [compiled]    10
luaotfload | cache : [other]        0
luaotfload | cache : [total]       20

luaotfload | cache : Luaotfload cache: readable path
luaotfload | cache : location: C:/Programme1/texlive/2024/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/fonts
luaotfload | cache : [raw]          3
luaotfload | cache : [compiled]     3
luaotfload | cache : [other]        0
luaotfload | cache : [total]        6
luaotfload | cache : Luaotfload cache: readable path
luaotfload | cache : location: C:/Users/siart/.texlive2024/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/fonts
luaotfload | cache : [raw]         10
luaotfload | cache : [compiled]    10
luaotfload | cache : [other]        0
luaotfload | cache : [total]       20

Maybe something's wrong with the cache files themselves.

My parallel install of tl23 showed the same errors after luaotfload -u -f.
There I reverted the luaotfload package back to
https://texlive.info/tlnet-archive/2024/02/15/tlnet/ and that made
things work again.

--
Uwe