Problems with fistrum package

David Davó david at ddavo.me
Tue Feb 27 12:17:57 CET 2024

Hello!

The fistrum <https://ctan.org/pkg/fistrum> package is a fork of lipsum
<https://ctan.org/pkg/lipsum>, that generates sentences in a certain
style, similar to kantlipsum <https://ctan.org/pkg/kantlipsum>.

Both of them work out of the box after installing Texlive, but fistrum
doesn't.

The package is imported, but if you try to use the main command, it says
that fistrum-es.ftd is not found.

$ cd texmf-dist/tex/latex
$ ls lipsum
cicero.ltd.tex  lipsum-cs.ltd.tex  lipsum.ltd.tex  lipsum.sty
$ ls fistrum
fistrum.sty

I explored the distribution, and it seems that the files
fistrum-es.ftd.tex and fistrum-la.ftd.tex are missing, despite being
declared as installfile in the build-config.lua
<https://github.com/daviddavo/fistrum/blob/c240954fec21e71613a97fa0e1d06c9479fa4678/build-config.lua#L11>

It also says so on the readme, and on the .ins

I guess I should modify ctan2tds to include files ending in ftd.tex, as
with the lipsum package. How can I do so?

Thank you for your attention,

David Davó