tl24 pretest

John Collins jcc8 at psu.edu
Sun Feb 18 02:31:59 CET 2024

On 2/15/24 1:57 PM, Marcel Fabian Krüger wrote:> On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at
10:14:09AM +0100, Uwe Siart wrote:
>> Uwe Siart <usenet at siart.de> writes:
>>
>>> I did the following steps and now lualatex works fine. Don't think that
>>> all of them were really relevant:
>>
>> Addendum (maybe it's important to know): Directly after
>>
>>> 1. Create directory texmf-var in ~\.texlive2024 by hand (it didn't
>>> exist)
>>
>> the error about non-writable cache disasppeared. But now, lualatex
>> stopped with fonts not found. That's why I decided to go for
>
> Currently creating the directory is still needed, but after the latest
> luaotfload release (v3.27) which was sent to CTAN this morning the fonts should
> be found afterwards without further manual steps.

Would it be possible to improve the error messages when luaotfload can't find a
writable cache path?  I'm thinking of something along the lines of listing the
directories where it tried to write and failed, and why.

Then it would be clearer to the user what to do next.

Best,
John Collins