tl24 pretest: lualatex setup incomplete?

John Collins jcc8 at psu.edu
Sat Feb 17 23:11:05 CET 2024

Hi,

I am using macOS, where TEXMFVAR is configured to be
~/Library/texlive/2024/texmf-var.  I installed MacTeX 2024 today, and did
updates, which included an update of luaotfload to 69916.

The directory ~/Library/texlive/2024/texmf-var was not created automatically
(as other users reported), which is unlike the situation in previous years.
But after I created the directory manually, lualatex worked normally, as far as
I can.

The same solution worked on Windows and linux (which I am running on VMs with a
TeXLive installation shared with macOS).

John Collins