tl24 pretest: bug report

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:18:56 CET 2024

st 14. 2. 2024 v 12:16 odesílatel Ven. Pandita (Burma)
<ashinpan at gmail.com> napsal:

> When I compare the contents of the ls-R file in the texmf-local and the actual files in that folder, I find that not only the biblatex.sty but many style files are missing in the ls-R file, even though they are actually present in the correct path.
>
> I can only conclude that mktexlsr has failed to read and note all available files in the texmf-local.

What is the ownership of the actual files and ls-R files? I saw that
you use tlmgr via sudo which is not recommended. /usr/local/texlive
should be owned by you as a normal user and installation and updates
should be run by you without sudo. Once you run any action which
includes mktexlsr as root or via sudo, ld-R files will be owned by
root:root and only readable by world. If you then try to run mktexlsr
as you, the ls-R files will not be updated. If this is the case, just
change the ownersip of the files and rerun mktexlsr as you.

> Best,
>
> Ven. Pandita (Burma)

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/