tl24 pretest

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Tue Feb 13 08:03:11 CET 2024

Uwe Siart <usenet at siart.de> writes:

> Stephan Lukasczyk <stephan at dante.de> writes:
>
>>>...024/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaotfload/luaotfload-init.lua:301: system : no wr
>>>iteable cache path, quiting
>>>stack traceback:
>>>	[C]: in function 'error
>
> Exactly the same problem here on windows. During install ~/.texlive2024
> was created but it looks like lualatex can't use it.
>
> Could it be due to $TEXMFSYSVAR (should not be user writable) in
> TEXMFCACHE plus the new luatex write file paranoia?

I did the following steps and now lualatex works fine. Don't think that
all of them were really relevant:

1. Create directory texmf-var in ~\.texlive2024 by hand (it didn't
exist)

2. Run mtxrun --generate in an admin shell

3. Run context --luatex --generate in an admin shell

4. Run luaotfload-tool --update --force in an admin shell

5. Run luaotfload-tool --update in a user shell

--
Uwe