[pretest, installer]: Broken pipe error when trying to change TEXDIR

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Mon Feb 12 15:36:16 CET 2024

Uwe Siart <usenet at siart.de> writes:

> I'm on win10. There I run install-tl-windows.bat with admin privileges
> from a local repository (rsynced from cstug).
>
> When I try to change TEXDIR in the GUI I get "error writing file ...
> broken pipe" after clicking the button. However, changing TEXMFLOCAL
> works (gives me a prompt window to enter my changes and also saves my
> changes).

Just in case it helps, here's what is shown in the details section of
the error window:

error writing "file1c6af1ec430": broken pipe
error writing "file1c6af1ec430": broken pipe
    while executing
"chan puts $::inst "checkdir""
    (procedure "update_full_path" line 6)
    invoked from within
"update_full_path"
    (procedure "texdir_setup" line 88)
    invoked from within
"texdir_setup"
    invoked from within
".tdirb invoke "
    invoked from within
".tdirb instate !disabled { .tdirb invoke } "
    invoked from within
".tdirb instate pressed { .tdirb state !pressed; .tdirb instate !disabled { .tdirb invoke } } "
    (command bound to event)

--
Uwe