Bug report: Take bug reporting off the mailing list

Norman Gray gray at nxg.name
Mon Feb 12 13:16:24 CET 2024

Norbert, hello.

On 12 Feb 2024, at 11:30, Norbert Preining wrote:

> subscription model: no way, at least IMNSHO

Juuuust to forestall any confusion, by 'subscription model' I mean a fairly broad variety of things.  For example, the newspaper I usually read has no paywall, as a matter of principle, but offers 'subscriptions' which support the journalism and give an ad-free web view as a side-benefit.  That balances free-to-air with tangible support.

A TUG subscription does the same thing: the core 'product' is and remains free (beer and speech), but there's a channel for tangible support, with TUGBoat as the nominal concrete payoff.

Just in case anyone might misunderstand a remark which I now realise has more than one interpretation.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  https://nxg.me.uk