Bug report: Take bug reporting off the mailing list

barbara beeton bnb at tug.org
Fri Feb 9 21:45:53 CET 2024

Hi, Nicola,

Hurray for sanity!  If the user finding a bug can really identify what
package it comes from, looking in CTAN should be the obvious first
step.  The TeX Live crew is good at sorting out possibilities from the
sometimes muddled reports, but they're really overworked.  I often
wonder how Karl manages to handle TeX Live, TUGboat production editor,
and TUG treasurer all at the same time.  I shudder to think of his
sleep schedule.

Thanks for your contribution to this discussion that has gone on for
too long.
 						-- bb