Update fails

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sat Feb 3 11:19:40 CET 2024

> Juergen Feen wrote:
>
> I'm afraid I cannot update MacTeX over TL Utility. Here is the log file.
>
> Am I right in guessing that the problem lies with the repository at FU
> Berlin?

It appears from the log there was a timeout error when attempting to download update-tlmgr-latest.sh (the recovery script through which TLU applies infrastructure updates) from the CTAN mirror at ftp.fu-berlin.de.

Connecting to that mirror now, with TLU, everything's OK: there are several updates to install (not the infra update though, since it had already been applied yesterday on my setup), and they install successfully.

Looking at the content of the mirror, update-tlmgr-latest.sh is present and an alias to update-tlmgr-r69666.sh.

In short: most likely this was a transient error with the server or your connection, and everything should be OK now.

In TLU, you can select a given mirror by going to Configure > Manage Repositories: double-click a URL in the list that appears, the mirror will load in the main TLU window.

Bruno Voisin