epstopdf issues under cygwin

Alois Steindl Alois.Steindl at tuwien.ac.at
Fri Sep 15 16:30:35 CEST 2023

Hello,

since a few days epstopdf isn't working anymore when called from
cygwin's bash shell. It works properly from Windows' cmd shell and also
from texlive 2022.

Perl (the one in the texlive distro and also that from cygwin) claims,
that it cannot find kpsewhich anywhere in the path. I guess that has to
do with the different naming conventions for directories in and out of
cygwin, /cygdrive/e/texlive  vs. e:\texlive.

Not a great matter, I can produce the pdf graphics; but it is nasty and
I am wondering, what was changed shortly ago.

With kind regards

Alois