pdftex bug

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Wed Sep 13 17:08:52 CEST 2023

On 2023-09-13 at 22:35:41 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:

 > On Wed, 13 Sep 2023, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
 > > Well I wouldn't count it a pdftex bug if adobe reader can't handle
 > [...]
 > > here. Imho they simply copy the values from the .pfb. You could try
 >
 > Not that I know, but maybe the specification of type1 fonts requires
 > a certain maximum precision.

PostScript has a limit of 8 "Significant decimal digits of precision
(approximate)" fot real numbers according to the PostScript Language
Reference, third edition, page 739.

Because Type 1 fonts are supposed to be processed by a PostScript
interpreter this limit applies to Type 1 fonts too.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de