TeX Live and pdflatex from source

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 25 20:31:51 CEST 2023

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 12:01:19AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Ken,

Hi Norbert,

> > fedora rather than RH.  For SuSe I've always found them hard to
>
> I thought Fedora is also building their own binaries, but don't
> pin me down on that.

I intended to say that they were, but broken into parts in a
complicated manner.  I haven't looked for some months, but they
seemed to be taking specific (hashed) items from Utah, if my memory
is correct.

> > navigate.  I was thinking particularly of Arch.  Gentoo used to
>
> Indeed. I am using Arch as my main system, but never used the Arch
> provided TeX Live. Just checked, and they don't recompile.
> Bad.
> Guess I have to take over maintaince of the TeX Live Arch packages.
>
> Best regards
>
> Norbert

No rest for the wicked :-(

Best regards, and good luck.

ĸen
--
  'The universe is so big, sir, that it obeys all possible laws,'
  said Ponder, 'For a given value of "teapot".