TeX Hour: Thu 26 October: Share our Linux experience

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Wed Oct 25 17:56:06 CEST 2023

On 25/10/2023 15:29, Jonathan Fine wrote:
> I'm in the middle of a self-inflicted course in Linux System
> Administration.
:-)

> By the way, a major motive for my switching to Arch is to get better
> support for Wayland, the emerging replacement to X-Windows, which is
> now almost 40 years old.
The major difference seems to be that X works and Wayland doesn't...yet.

> TeX users know that TeX excels at digital typography, particularly in
> STEM.

And particularly in the Digital Humanities (you know that but your
audience may not). I have done more LaTeX work for DH users in the last
decade than I have for STEM users (but perhaps that's because STEM users
are becoming more self-sufficient in LaTeX).

Good luck
Peter