Logos etc

Frank Mittelbach frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org
Tue Nov 28 11:37:55 CET 2023

Am 28.11.23 um 11:03 schrieb Uwe Ziegenhagen:

> I have raised this to the CTAN maintainers as I see it quite critical to
> include potentially trademarked logos in packages.
> I am not a lawyer here but based on the issues Dante had years ago (we
> had city maps included in the DTK
> and the publisher sent expensive letters) I think it is worth to be very
> careful.

fair point, but that is true for anything somebody includes in their
package and claim it is freely usable or changeable while in reality it
isn't. If somebody puts a jpg or or even a .tex file in that is in
reality copyrighted and owned by somebody else you are in trouble.  So
you one has to be careful, but I don't think it is really related to
being a logo.

frank