Logos etc

Arthur Rosendahl arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Nov 28 10:09:35 CET 2023

On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 09:39:26AM +0100, Frank Mittelbach wrote:
> Am 27.11.23 um 22:36 schrieb Karl Berry:
>> https://tug.org/texlive/copying.html
>
> [snip]
>
> My personal feeling is that a trademarked "logo" falls into a similar
> category and the fact that a documentation of a package includes a display
> of the logo (that itself would be not allowed to be manipulated) should not
> prevent such a bundle from being distributable in TL as long as the
> documentation source that makes use of the logo is freely changeable, so
> that you can alter it and take the logo out (replacing it with something
> else).

  I think that is exactly what the statement is trying to convey: with
very few exceptions, everything in TeX Live may be freely used, copied,
modified and / or redistributed and the existence of said exceptions
does not restrict this.  Perhaps this could be clarified (if that is
indeed the intention, which I really think it is).

	Best,

		Arthur