regression in TeX Live 2023 concerning some math characters

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Nov 23 17:38:50 CET 2023

Am Thu, 23 Nov 2023 16:20:58 +0100 schrieb Vincent Lefevre:

>> You can put \listfiles above \documentclass and the log will contain
>> versions of all files used. You can then look for changes.
>
> First, I confirm that everything is fine on the same machine
> with the current upstream TeX Live (which I've installed
> with info from https://tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html):
>
>  *File List*
>  article.cls    2023/05/17 v1.4n Standard LaTeX document class
>   size10.clo    2023/05/17 v1.4n Standard LaTeX file (size option)
> l3backend-pdftex.def    2023-11-09 L3 backend support: PDF output (pdfTeX)

I doubt that this files really matter.

Are you using the same pdftotext to extract the text?

If you add
\ExplSyntaxOn\sys_ensure_backend:\pdf_uncompress:\ExplSyntaxOff
to the begin and recompile you get uncompressed PDFs and can try to
diff them. Are then any differences in the ToUnicode?

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/