Impossible to use TL 2023 on Windows

Alois Steindl Alois.Steindl at tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 16 22:54:49 CEST 2023

Am 15.05.2023 um 12:39 schrieb Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute):

> Agreed.  But to be fair, you'd have to be pretty daft not to realise
> that the entire string disappears as you type the first character if
> the path is allowed to remain in reverse video ...
>
> --
>
> /Philip Taylor/

I think it depends on the working habits, whether one realizes that some
input (by keyboard, mouse or whatever) changes anything on the screen.
At least in my work I make a lot of really silly mistakes, most of the
times I am able to realize it in time without further damage.
Nevertheless I wouldn't consider myself als pretty daft (YMMV).

I tend to assume, that the student made some error when modifying the
path; I would be very astonished if any TeXlive installation procedure
were the culprit.

Kind regards

Alois