Impossible to use TL 2023 on Windows

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Thu May 11 17:39:38 CEST 2023

Denis Bitouzé wrote:
> Le 11/05/23 à 17h17, Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
>
>> Why as admin? I simply install as normal user.
> He says it is mandatory.
It is also what I invariably do — only administrators should (be
permitted to) install or remove programs, not users.  For a single-user
machine, the owner should have two access to (at least) two accounts —
the system administrator account, for installing and removing software
(etc), and his/her personal account, unprivileged, so that he or she can
do as littlle damage to the software infrastructure as possible when
logged in as a normal user.
--
/Philip Taylor/