error with lualatex but not with xelatex

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 28 04:08:22 CEST 2023

On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 08:04:46AM +0200, N. Andrew Walsh wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> I'm not sure how much help it would be (I'm definitely not an expert), but
> I seem to recall that the CJK packages are different for lualatex vs
> xelatex. Under xelatex I used the xeCJK package, but that doesn't seem to
> work under lualatex, so I had to switch to loading {luatexja-fontspec} in
> my preamble.
>
> I don't see any reference to either in your file, but maybe that helps?

Hi Andrew,

I agree that the package dependencies for lualatex with japanese,
and xelatex with chinese (and japanese or korean) differ, but in
'ABOUT' the only uses of non-english text are for showing Article 1
of the UDHR.  For that I only need to set the desired font for
those things which are not covered by the main font.

For my test with vertical japanese text in lualatex I do use
latexja-fontspec.

Thanks anyway.

ĸen
--
    That just goes to show that you never know, although what
    it is we never know I suspect we'll never know. -- Snuff