error with lualatex but not with xelatex

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 16:10:29 CEST 2023

čt 27. 7. 2023 v 16:01 odesílatel Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> napsal:

> Am Thu, 27 Jul 2023 06:17:04 +0100 schrieb Ken Moffat via tex-live:
>
> > This is texlive-2023 with patches to update LuaTeX to 1.17.0,
>
> Well then you should perhaps at first try if you get the same error
> with a native texlive (which has luatex 1.17.0 too).
>
> And I would suggest to delete the luatex-cache (typically in
> \texlive\2023\texmf-var\luatex-cache), to avoid that some old cache
> files interfere.
>
> BTW: if you want spaces between paragraphs, consider to set \parskip
> instead of planting a \vspace everywhere, see the parskip package.

No package is needed for changing \parskip, it is a regular length
which can be changed by \setlength{\parskip}{6pt} or even simply by
\parskip=6pt. If you use a script with many diacritical marks above
and below, which is a matter of matras in Indic scripts, you might
need to increase \baselineskip usually by using \linespread. This is
even more important for Urdu. Again, no package needed.

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/