Bug in calls to perl scripts from Windows executables in TeXLive 2023?

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Fri Jul 21 17:56:35 CEST 2023

On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 05:38:40PM -0400, John Collins wrote:

> Steps to reproduce the problem:
>
> 1. Current TeXLive 2023 on Windows installed in its default location.
> 2. Install MSYS2.
> 3. Add its binary directory (C:\MSYS64\usr\bin) to the front of PATH.

I think that is a bad idea. For unixy stuff, use a launcher from the
root of the msys2 installation, or create a separate msys2 profile
for windows terminal, as described in
https://www.msys2.org/docs/terminals/#windows-terminal and use a
regular command-prompt or powershell for other occasions.

--
Siep Kroonenberg