Junicode font

Petra Rübe-Pugliese petra at ctan.org
Thu Dec 28 18:00:31 CET 2023

On Fri 29 Dec 2023 at 00:52:53 +0900  Norbert Preining <norbert at preining.info> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2023, Marcel Fabian Krüger wrote:
> > currently TeX Live is no longer packaging the Junicode font. Does anyone
> > know why it has been removed? Is the font expected to come back or is it

>  From the log message of the removal it seems it is not distributed on
>  CTAN anymore.

According to our email archive:

 -> Karl noticed that the version on CTAN had become outdated
    compared to new developments on github.

 -> The junicode author (Peter S Baker) said:
    “I should have been keeping up Junicode on CTAN, but the fact is,
    I hate packaging and prefer to leave it to others.”

So it was decided, by common agreement, that the font should
disappear from CTAN and thus from TL.

Suggestion:  If anyone would be willing to „adopt“ the package
as a _CTAN_ maintainer, then the font could indeed come back ...
(@ anyone willing to take over this task:  Please get in touch
with Peter first, and with CTAN only when you have got his
agreement.  Thanks!)

  Best regards
     Petra   (from the CTAN team)