Old Metafoundry fonts

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Wed Dec 27 23:54:05 CET 2023

On 27/12/2023 15:30, Peter Flynn wrote:
> I have a partial set of old PK font files from the Metafoundry
[snip]

I am happy to say that Jonathan's suggestion of Georgia's web page
worked, and I got email back from her this evening. Thank you Jonathan!

The TFM file themselves are probably not available, so I may look at
reconstructing them. A brief binary glance shows that the preamble (from
offset 0 to the start of the plaintext copyright notice is noticeably
shorter than in all the other (working) TFM files, making it look as if
the files were truncated at the start rather than at the end. I'm not an
expert in the TFM file format but it is at least well documented
somewhere, and there are presumably still people around who know how the
files are constructed.

Peter