Using tlmgr and a repo from a local machine

Angelo Graziosi angelo.g0 at libero.it
Wed Aug 30 11:58:59 CEST 2023

> Il 30/08/2023 00:19 CEST Zdenek Wagner ha scritto:
>

> It's just an explanation of SSH setup but the maintainers can take it
> and add to the documentation. It will certainly need instructions for
> Windows but I am not a Windows expert.

I tested it on Windows and it works!

In short...

Up to now I used TL in WSL on Windows but recently I did a native Windows installation of TL2023 using 'install-tl-windows.bat' from a MSYS2 shell, and after having configured PATH etc. I can build documents from MSYS2 shell running 'latexmk -pdf foo.tex' and so on. I saw that native installation is faster than the one on WSL. I can upgrade this native installation from MSYS2 if I define an alias "alias tlmgr='tlmgr.bat'" and if I use a CTAN mirror or a local repository (say, E:/tlrepo).

To use your suggestions I have to use the Powershell or CMD. Win10 has its own SSH (with .ssh in %USERPROFILE%, aka C:/Users/utente) and it seems that install-tl-windows.bat added TL PATH to the Windows user account PATH (no need to configure PATH in this case).

Then why I asked this?

Really I have a local repo on a MBP which I use to upgrade the TL installations on GNU/Linux machines via sshfs. Now with your suggestion I can upgrade the Windows native installation using the same MBP repo.

BTW, now I am using your suggestions also on Android with Termux... and it works..