Upgrade failure and corrupted installation ?

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed Aug 30 02:11:39 CEST 2023

(feeding the troll)

Oh man, JF, your contributions are getting more and more boring. You are
talking and talking and talking, mostly trivialities everyone knows
already.

Come up with code, or please spare us with these endless discussions.

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023, Jonathan Fine wrote:
> analogy with other systems, rather than special knowledge of Perl and tlmgr.

Yes, and thus your contributions are irrelevant.
General blabla "hot air".

Even if we catch interrupts, what should happen in that case? Since
there is no journaling (did I say that already???) we don't know what
tlmgr was doing, we cannot roll back the incomplete task, etc etc.

If a simple "catch interrupt, call clean_me_up_baby()" would be so
easy, do you think it would have been forgotten in the 20+ years we
are developing tlmgr?

Unless there are code contributions, this is my last email to this
topic.

Norbert

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live