Upgrade failure and corrupted installation ?

Yann Salmon contact at yannsalmon.fr
Tue Aug 29 01:08:36 CEST 2023

Hi,

>      I interrupted (^C) tlmgr after 7 failed upgrade attempts.
>
> This is minor compared with all else, but the 7 surprises me. As far as
> I can see, we only retry downloads 4 times.

For clarity : tlmgr was spending quite a long time trying to update one
package, timing out on that package, then trying to update the next
package, and so on. Seeing this was not going to end (ETA was hundreds
of hours, and increasing), when seeing that package 7 out of 58 also
failed, I ^C-ed tlmgr. My idea was to then try another mirror, and the
rest is in my first mail.

I do not know how many times tlmgr tried to download a given package. If
several attempts were made, that was not shown.

--
Cordialement,

Yann Salmon