error with lualatex but not with xelatex

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 7 23:24:26 CEST 2023

On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 04:10:29PM +0200, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> čt 27. 7. 2023 v 16:01 odesílatel Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> napsal:
> >
> > Am Thu, 27 Jul 2023 06:17:04 +0100 schrieb Ken Moffat via tex-live:
> >
> > > This is texlive-2023 with patches to update LuaTeX to 1.17.0,
> >
> > Well then you should perhaps at first try if you get the same error
> > with a native texlive (which has luatex 1.17.0 too).
> >
> > And I would suggest to delete the luatex-cache (typically in
> > \texlive\2023\texmf-var\luatex-cache), to avoid that some old cache
> > files interfere.
> >
> > BTW: if you want spaces between paragraphs, consider to set \parskip
> > instead of planting a \vspace everywhere, see the parskip package.
> >
> No package is needed for changing \parskip, it is a regular length
> which can be changed by \setlength{\parskip}{6pt} or even simply by
> \parskip=6pt. If you use a script with many diacritical marks above
> and below, which is a matter of matras in Indic scripts, you might
> need to increase \baselineskip usually by using \linespread. This is
> even more important for Urdu. Again, no package needed.

Thanks to you both.  I've now completed revising my test scripts,
including using \parskip in ABOUT.tex.  In the unlikely event that
anybody is interested in what they cover, the scripts are now at
https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/TL2023/  (the 20230807
tarball) with an updated ABOUT.pdf listing what they do, and also
now listing which collections are required for people using the
binaries.

I hope to get back to looking at OTF and TTF fonts to see what they
cover, for that I intend to change the file to using \parskip, I
suspect a few of the languages I consider might need me to increase
baselineskip, time will tell.

ĸen
--
Ankh-Morpork! It's a wonderful town! The trolls are up and the
dwarfs are down! Slightly better than living in a hole in the