[tex-k] Bug or feature?

Andreas Scherer andreas_tex at freenet.de
Tue Mar 30 08:05:11 CEST 2021

> The similar report came from Udo. And DEK did decline to do anything.
The Pascal syntax makes it doubly difficult to fix this issue.  Not only
are "case labels" (without the "case") indistinguishable from "goto
labels", but also "@<Global variables@>", which are not indented in WEB
programs.  It would require manual intervention to push these items in a
notch (and there are lots of them in "TeX and friends").

> Still, I see no reason why you couldn't choose to fix it for
> cweave/ctwill if you wish.
C syntax could make this easier, but I chose to add "@t\1\5\5@>" in the
half-dozen sections in CWEB instead.  I'm not sure what Don will say
about the _single_ "case-less case" in The Stanford GraphBase that I
reported last week.

Thanks for investigating!
Andreas