[tex-k] do not understand

Wolfgang Helbig helbig at mailbox.org
Sat Dec 19 13:16:27 CET 2020

Hello,

thank you, Karl. I agree with you and with Don Knuth. In the preface on
page vi, last paragraph, he admits, that he lies now and then. And this
seems one of the places. But Don promises, that in later paragraphs,
he'll tell the whole truth. But still, I do not know, when and why
penalties after breaks are discarded. This makes me feel uneasy, but
only very little so.

Greetings,
Wolfgang

I would not call it either a lie or an error. It seems to me that the

--
Wolfgang Helbig