[pdftex] RE: includegraphics{pdf} and multiply embedded fonts

Tim Arnold Tim.Arnold at sas.com
Thu Feb 9 15:55:00 CET 2006

> On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Martin Schröder wrote:
>
> > On 2006-02-07 10:35:45 -0500, Tim Arnold wrote:
> > > pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4)
> >
> > Please update. It should be simple with MikTeX.
>
> Sure. But unfortunately it won't help for Tim's font problem. There is
>
>     /* check if the font file is not a TrueType font */
>     /* font replacement makes sense only for included Type1 files */
>
> in the code. It would work rather robustly with Type1, but for TTF no
> clue. Is there any external postprocessor program that squeezes several
> font instances into one?
>
> Regards, Hartmut

Thanks for this info. It sounds like the answer for me is to create the external pdfs with embedded Type1 fonts and the problem will go away.

This was a tough problem for me--thanks for clearing it up so quickly.
If there is any program or process for converting from TrueType to Type1, please let me know. I'm aware that may be a silly question....I had no idea the font world was so complex.

thanks,
--Tim Arnold