[pdftex] FreeText Annotations for pdf Document Concatenation with New Page Numbering

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Feb 11 17:43:12 CET 2002

At 12:59 PM 2/11/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello Hans,
>
> > If you want i can send you the nearly trivial tex file that was used
> > to turn thanh's thesis into a tugboat :
>
>I am very interested in having a look at this file, since I
>develop pdfpages.sty, which is an easy to use interface to
>insert page ranges of external pdf documents.

% output=pdftex interface=en

\starttext

\setuppapersize
   [letter]
   [letter]

\setupbodyfont
   [10pt]

\setuplayout
   [topspace=0cm,
    header=\dimexpr(4pc+\dp\strutbox),
    headerdistance=1pc,
    bottomspace=0cm,
    footer=4pc,
    backspace=1in,
    width=middle,
    height=middle]

\setupheader[before=\vfill]
\setupfooter[after=\vfill]

\setuppagenumbering
   [alternative=doublesided,
    location=]

\setupheadertexts
   [TUGBoat, Volume 21 (2000), No. 4][pagenumber]
   [pagenumber][TUGBoat, Volume 21 (2000), No. 4]

\setupfootertexts
   [Micro-typographic extensions to the \TeX\ typesetting system]
   [\ifcase\slicedpagenumber\else\slicedpagenumber\fi]
   [\ifcase\slicedpagenumber\else\slicedpagenumber\fi]
   [Micro-typographic extensions to the \TeX\ typesetting system]

\startstandardmakeup

\centeredbox{Cover with graphic}

\stopstandardmakeup

% Next comes Barbara's introduction. We set the pagenumber
% to the one following issue 3.

\setuppagenumber[number=315]

\title{Defeating the Lion}

\startcolumns
   \dorecurse {149} {Barbara's introduction }
\stopcolumns

\page [right]

\slicepages
   [xthesis.pdf]
   [n=0,                        % triggers full page clipping
    voffset=1in,                % probably thanhs origin
    height=23.55cm,             % a compromize for page 46
    width=22cm,                 % wide margins
    offset=\dimexpr(-1in- 2pt)] % experimental value
   [offset=\dimexpr(-1in+19pt)] % experimental value

\stoptext

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl