Distiller server (was: [pdftex] xpdf)

Martin Schröder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Mon Feb 11 10:08:25 CET 2002

On 2002-02-10 21:08:11 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >Minimum purchase price is $5000.
>
> For that price i would buy a simple pc, without monitor, but with 1 gig of
> mem, put it into a network, put the <<$500 windows distiller on it, make it
> visible for the whole organization, and spend the rest of the money on some
> good books

I'd suggest you spend the money on a lawyer instead. Adobe Acrobat's
license explicitely forbids networked usage of the distiller
(although the software is perfectly capable of it) unless you
have an Acrobat license for all computers in the network.

Best regards
        Martin
--
                  Martin Schröder, MS at ArtCom-GmbH.DE
            ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Straße 8, D-28359 Bremen