[pdftex] xpdf (was: [Gs-devel] Re: [gnu@toad.com: Re: EFF placeholder page for when we have PDF rather than HTML])

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Feb 10 20:24:43 CET 2002

At 04:23 PM 2/8/2002 -0700, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Distiller Server 5.0 (announced in December) supports Sun Solaris
>     and RedHat Linux, so there is hope indeed... See:
>
>http://Sun.SystemNews.com/system-news/jobdir/submitted/2002.02/5418/5418.html
>
>Is that free software?  A non-free program is not a solution in the
>Free World.

well, non-free food, non-free medicine, non-free transportation, non-free
entering countries, non-free anything either -)

so, unless someone finds enough free time to write a huge thing like a free
distiller and keep it up-to-date ...

Hans

PS. The free version of GS often suits our needs quite well, so if we can
live with the delay in implementing features between GS and distiller we
are already served quite well on all those platforms.
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl