[pdftex] re:bug in protcode.tex

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Feb 9 17:12:01 CET 2002

At 11:06 AM 2/9/2002 +0800, Guy Worthington wrote:
>If I'm going to carp about protcode.tex, I'd like to write an
>addendum to my bug report yesterday:
>
>protcode.tex is spinning its wheels, doing 500+ comparisons, when

Did you try to time that 500+ comparisons on a 1 gig machine? I bet that
you cannot even blink an eye in the meantime -)

Optimizing only makes sense when you keep on setting fonts, but then,
protcodes are kind of persistent, so it does not make sense to set them
again and again for one and the same font.

>only a handful of characters are going to be adjusted.  Perhaps
>there's a more appropriate looping technique.

sure -)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl