[pdftex] FreeText Annotations for pdf Document Concatenation with New Page Numbering

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Feb 9 17:48:28 CET 2002

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 03:14:08AM -0500, Frank Seaton Taylor wrote:
> Bernhard Gramlich's comp.text.pdf posting included below, namely that of
> concatenating several pdf files not of my creation with the requirement
> that the concatenation has ordinary page numbering.

I think the texexec program with ConTeXt would handle this
pretty well off the shelf. Have you look at it?

> document that produces a title page, table of contents, etc., and the
> appropriate number of pages which will later be replaced with the
> submissions. I make this document without page numbers as well. Now with
> Adobe Acrobat (not just the reader) I can replace the blank pages with
> submissions.
this seems like very hard work....

I'd add page numbers in the master TeX document, import the PDF
files as graphics, cropped to remove any native page numbers. If you
let tex import the pages, it can do page numbering, headers, footers etc
as normal. The only thing it cant do is an automatic table of
contents.