TUG 2019 Bursary applications
The TUG Bursary Fund provides assistance for members of
the TeX community.
If you would like to attend the annual TUG Conference but it would be
a financial hardship, then we encourage you to apply for support
to the TUG Bursary fund. We are able to provide some grants that can help.
See the guidelines below (note that you need not be a TUG member).
Bursary applications for TUG 2019 should be
sent by email to email@example.com
no later than May 1, 2019.
In order for the Bursary Committee to judge your application
properly, write down as much relevant information as you can.
Interesting bits of information include:
- What your goal is in attending the conference.
(Do you want to
learn how to use TeX, do you want to present a talk, meet
- How much funding you are requesting, and how that relates to the
total sum you would have to spend in able to attend the
(Conference fees, but also cost of travel,
- The minimum award that would actually permit you to attend the
(This is to make sure that whatever funds could
be awarded would in fact be enough, as awarding any smaller
amount would be pointless.)
- Whether you are currently a member of any TeX-related user group.
- A list of any previous applications for TUG bursary awards and the
outcomes of those (if applicable).
Simply put: you should ensure that your application is sufficiently
detailed so as to enable the Committee to make an informed decision
without having to get back to you.
Decisions and fine print
- Applications received after the deadline date will be considered
only if funds are still available (not likely).
- All applications will be acknowledged by electronic mail.
- The Committee reserves the right to deny any applications, for any reason.
- Applicants will be advised of the success or failure of their applications
by electronic mail, which will be sent no later than
June 1, 2019.
- The decision of the Committee is final; the Committee will not enter into further
correspondence with unsuccessful applicants.
- All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence, and the identity
of applicants will be known only to members of the Committee and to the President and the Executive Director
of the TeX Users Group (for the purpose of distributing the awards). If it would
be necessary to disclose the identity of an applicant to anyone
else, explicit permission of the applicant will be sought beforehand.
- The details of individual awards will remain solely the knowledge of the
Committee and of the successful applicants. The Committee will submit a summary
of all applications and bursaries, without names, to the TUG Board, who may in turn elect to
relay this summary information to bursary donors, TeX user groups, or other
interested parties. The summary may also be posted on the TUG
$Date: 2019/07/09 15:45:19 $;